Dial has taught thousands of players from the beginner to professional levels. His students have included a dozen nationally ranked juniors, 4 nationally ranked seniors, numerous collegiate players, and over 50 California ranked juniors and adults. Over his 30 years of teaching experience, he has spent 14 years as the director for the tennis programs at the Marina City Club, the Marina del Rey Ritz Carlton, the University Club of Palo Alto, and Club Sport (formerly Amador, the largest indoor club in California). He founded Dial Jones Tennis Academy in Santa Monica, California 20 years ago and is now hoping to share his decades of experience and love of the sport with you here in Chelan! When asked which level of player he enjoys teaching most, he responds, “I have no favorite level; players who value learning, enjoying the game, and giving their best effort top my list!”
Tennis Director, Head Teaching Pro, and Tennis Academy History
• Tennis Director at the University Club of Palo Alto CA (1984 – 1988)
• Tennis Director at Club Sport (formerly Amador, largest indoor club in California) Pleasanton CA. (1988 – 1991)
• Head Tennis Professional at Scott Valley Country Club, Mill valley CA. (1992 1994)
• Tennis Professional/Director at Marina City Club, Marina del Rey (1994 – 1997)
• Founder of Dial Jones Tennis Academy: Santa Monica Branch (1997 – present)
• Founder of Dial Jones Tennis Academy at the Ritz Carlton, Marina del Rey (2008 – 2010)
• Founder of Dial Jones Tennis Academy: Chelan Branch (2017 – present)
• Led two tennis academies for juniors, coaching beginners to the elite national tournament level with over 150 juniors within the program. Coached and supervised adult leagues for both Men and Women from 3.0 to 5.0 levels.
• Taught thousands of people from beginner to professional level players including: 8 nationally ranked juniors (boys and girls), dozens of California ranked juniors and adults competing in NTRP from 3.0 to 5.5 level, collegiate players.